Legends & Villains II: Awesome Art

I've been to various exhibit/art galleries lately and one event proved legendary: Exhibit Poster

I've been to various exhibit/art galleries lately and one event proved legendary:
Exhibit Poster


I was invited to the pre-launch by Tinsley Garanchon and it was worth the trip to Ricco Renzo gallery.  (I live in FARview.  That's a two hour commute to Makati where the gallery is located.  Also, we attended another exhibit opening on that day too and almost didn't make it.  That's for another post. ^_^' )

The show featured artworks that bowled me over.  Two of my favorite pieces from the collection are Emma Frost and Deadpool.

Emma Frost
Oil on canvas


I believe this artwork by CJ Tanedo was bought by Julius Babao already.  (Who knew Julius Babao is a Marvel fan? Lol.  Or maybe he just likes the artwork.  I know I do.)

From L to R: "Spawn" (Jojo Ramirez); "Daredevil" (Jerico De Leon);
"Deadpool" (Marco Banares); and "Green Lantern" (Mark Bello).

Lady photographer in the shot is her highness, Tinsley Garanchon. ^.^ /

That art technique for Deadpool is amazing! 

Speaking of art techniques, the show is not limited to art on canvas.  They also have these to boast of:

Left artwork: "Silver Surfer" (Sam Penaso).  Right artwork: "Wolverine" (Roen Capule)  

I had to practice some restraint when I viewed Wolverine.  I wanted to touch the blades.  (Is it really bronze or adamantium?  What do you guys think?)

As you can see "Legends & Villains II - Awesome Art" showcases paintings featuring Marvel & DC characters.  I intend to visit the show again.  (Kahit isang beses lang ulit.  I want to enjoy that Emma Frost painting some more.  And maybe sneak a touch or two at Wolverine's blade. Mwehehe.) 

I was told that the travelling art show will be shown at the following places:

SM City, North Edsa (3F, The Block)
September 13-19

SM Aura Premier (Level 3, in front of Toy Kingdom)
September 20-26
*Cosplay & FREE animation workshop by Eduardo Busmente for kids on Sept.20

SM Mall of Asia (Main Mall Atrium)
September 27- October 2
*FREE animation workshop by Grace Dimaranan (Top Peg Animation Studio) on Sept. 27

SM MEGAMALL (Mega Atrium)
October 4-10
*FREE animation workshop by Cheng Javier on Oct.4

The Podium (Atrium)
October 11-19
*FREE animation workshop by Cheng Javier on Oct.11

Overall, I enjoyed the experience.  I gained new friends from the art community and personally met other bloggers too.  (Which is a treat since I only "meet" my fellow netizens online.)

Netizens/ Bloggers invited to the exhibit prelaunch.  
That''s me wearing black; fourth person standing from the right.

I should do this more often.  I'm thinking of attending the Blogapalooza event on October 11 with Anne Rosario.




They say netizens are mostly introverts living in an internet bubble universe.  I think I'll know for sure in October just how biased opinions like these are.  Lol.

I'll let you know how the blogging event went in one of my entries this coming month.  ;)

You Might Also Like

0 Comments

Flickr Images