Bubuka ang Bulaklak

" Bubuka ang Bulaklak " (Blossoming Flower). March 2015. Found objects and acrylic. 6"x7". The idea for this scu...




"Bubuka ang Bulaklak" (Blossoming Flower). March 2015. Found objects and acrylic. 6"x7".

The idea for this sculpture piece came about when a mahogany seed pod fell at my feet during Mass.


The process.

A lot of people are asking what that veiny, bulbous thing is at the middle.  I honestly don't know.  My best guess is it's a petrified seed pod.  I picked it up along a seashore sometime back.

Almost done.

I was a bit apprehensive in coloring it at this point.  My boyfriend finally convinced me to have a go at it.  I'm glad I listened.

Done!

The material is a curious thing.  Even after the paint had dried, the petals are still curling.  If I hadn't glued them on the board, I'm sure it would curl in on itself in a few days more.

This sculpture piece will be exhibited at the group show entitled, "Tahi-Tagning Talambuhay: Isang Pagpupugay sa Sining ng KASIBULAN".  Exhibit starts 4:30PM, Friday, 13 March to 31 May 2015 at Rizal Library, ALIWW Reading Room, Ateneo de Manila University, Loyola Heights, Quezon City.


For more information on the group exhibit, contact: 426 6001 local 5561.


You Might Also Like

0 Comments

Flickr Images