SI: Back to Basics!



It was a dark and stormy night. Literally. The storm winds was so strong I had to take shelter in a tire shop while on my way to the venue.

As some plans go, this particular Sessions Illustrated workshop at Uno Morato in Timog could have been a disaster. But it turned out to be one of the most fun session we had yet!

Instead of drawing, we found ourselves going back to the basics of creativity with a board game called "Card Against Humanity".

If you've never played the game before (like me), all players are given a set of cards to work with. A judge is assigned per round to determine the winner of said round. The judge will then pick a black card. The rest of the players have to arrange the cards they are dealt with to fill in the blanks in the black card.

One of the best rounds we had:
Photo taken from Tinsley's instagram account.

I personally liked the one below where it says:
I went from "whining like a bitch"
to "being rich",
all thanks to "one trillion dollars".

We played several more board games at the shop. We enjoyed it so much that we forgot the time! I'd like to commend the staff of Uno Morato for their patience with crazy people like us. Lol. The players for this particular Session's Illustrated workshop:
Indeed, I find the capacity for the human mind to be creative very amazing. Especially when egged on by mind numbing board games with competitive witty players.

It made me look forward to our next art jam session in October. I wonder what's in store for our Sessions Illustrated participants then?

In the meantime, some friends and I happen to drop in on an ongoing exhibit by Ben Cab in CCP. What an unexpected treat! Ever since Session's Illustrated 2014 art trip in Baguio, I've been a fan of Ben Cab's work. More on this in my August 7, 2015 post. Abangan!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you're an artist, an art hobbyist, a wanna-be artist, or just someone who thinks you too have much to learn about art- then you're most welcome here. I'd be happy to share my notes and discuss the things I learn along the way.

While attending another event in CCP, we stumbled on an ongoing Ben Cab exhibit. And it's in an art form that I didn't now he dabbled in. I have so much to learn in the art world. Check out my post on my August 7, 2015. Stay tuned! :-)

You Might Also Like

0 Comments

Flickr Images