"TRANQUILLA" - Pete Velasquez (First One Man Show)

I MADE IT!

Because of several unforeseen circumstances, I thought I wasn't going to make it to Sir Pete Velasquez' TRANQUILLA exhibit opening. But wonder of wonders- I MADE IT!

And the effort was worth it.


I got to see his signature watercolor style again. How he could let the colors flow and yet remain in control of it all- I'll never know.


These black and white images are new to me. Sir Pete really likes to experiment constantly with his medium.

He also featured some old pen and ink work. The details were amazing.


Speaking of details, I particularly liked this piece. It's like  an idyllic memory that got painted. 

Apparently, I'm not the only one who appreciated this bit. Someone bought the painting already. Amazing.

Too bad I missed the first part of the exhibit opening. I would love to see Sir Pete paint on the spot again. I think a visit to one of the Tuesday Group's session in Cubao is in order. Hehe.

Once again, I would like to congratulate Sir Pete for another truly thumbs up experience.

If you missed the opening, that's okay. You can drop by Sining Kamalig anytime. Sir Pete's TRANQUILLA exhibit will run until September 10,2015.


In other news, last July 11, 2015 I was railroaded by a good friend to attend the two day NCCA Gender and Development Seminar in Balai Indang, Cavite. The seminar caused spontaneous nosebleed fountains and hallucinations on my end; but it was worth it. I met Jenny Bonzon of Ballet Philippines there. A connection was made and our art organization got an invite to participate in an event with Ballet Philippines. More on this in my August 21, 2015 post. Abangan!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you're an artist, an art hobbyist, a wanna-be artist, or just someone who thinks you too have much to learn about art- then you're most welcome here. I'd be happy to share my notes and discuss the things I learn along the way.

Have you seen Claude Monet's or Edgar Degas' ballet dancer paintings? I'm about to emulate his experience this coming Friday. Check out my post on my August 21, 2015. Stay tuned! :-)

You Might Also Like

0 Comments